What We’re Buzzing About
Our Slack channels, lunch tables, and studio halls are filled with conversations about the cool things we’re seeing and reading and doing. We thought you might like checking out some of ’em, too.
- Priya Parker graced our company gathering last fall, and we continue to find nuggets of her wisdom informing our work. Now, her TED Talk is live, letting other people in on her expertise in the art of gathering. (We’re particularly keen on her emphasis on identifying a specific, disputable purpose for every event.)
- Be still our Seinfeld-loving hearts. (Oh, and our love of experience design, too.) The show that brought us close-talkers, mimbos, and Festivus is coming to New York this fall in the form of The Seinfeld Experience.
- Vanity Fair showed us what happened when actress Emilia Clarke traded Game of Thrones for the glory of stock business photography. The (hilarious) resulting role of a lifetime: Barbara the Businesswoman.
- The ubiquitous “In Case of Emergency, Break Glass” boxes got an upgrade, courtesy of artist Ben Fearnley, who knows the urgency of our strongest cravings.
- Want to make your writing bold and clear? There’s an app for that. It’s not new, but it’s not to be missed. The Hemingway Editor helps even non-writers strengthen content that’s too long, passive, weak, or confusing.
- The Stanford d.school’s recently launched Public Library includes an inspiring Q&A about design thinking, as well as guidance on the “meta-ability” of navigating ambiguity. For experience designers or people who just want their businesses to run better, these primers on how design works are invaluable.
- And there are some pretty awesome celebrations of the anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing. Two of our favorites: The striking projection on the Washington Monument and the beautiful storytelling and spirit of discovery in Lauren Gunderson’s Earthrise.
What are you buzzing about? We’d love to check it out!