Cars, Red Bull, Human Torsos, and the Dalai Lama
Every so often, we like to pause (just for a moment!) to reflect on the diversity of bold, purposeful experience design work we’ve produced. After all, we’re honored to have such inspiring client partners, and we’re proud of what we’re able to create together. Here are some highlights from the past few months.
TradeRev at NADA
For the second straight year, we went to the NADA Show with revolutionary automotive remarketing company TradeRev. And for the second straight year, we delivered the event’s hottest ticket — this time around, a Move Metal concert featuring Weezer — and showed that TradeRev is better, faster, more powerful, and just plain cooler than its competitors. Oh, and we drew a capacity crowd for the event and doubled the client’s lead generation objectives. Check the video for a glimpse of the experience.
Adult Swim’s Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell @ C2E2
The XD Agency teamed up with Adult Swim to create what was unquestionably the most successful — if perhaps a bit disturbing — space at C2E2, aka Chicago’s Comic and Entertainment Expo. The activation invited the audience of fanboys to step right into the world of the show “Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell” — which is kind of like “The Office,” except it takes place in the bowels of hell.
Drab, beige cubicles and depressing file cabinets were situated alongside melted computer monitors and CPU units. A sad little AV cart held a used TV & VCR/DVD combination, showing episodes of the show in a deliberately monotonous loop. Even the storage areas looked like broken-down hellish office furnishings.
The show piece of the exhibit was a photo op featuring a putrid looking set of urinals that appeared to be made of skeletal human torsos. (Attendees put their head up through the drain for their photos — all designed to achieve the maximum level of disgust) Oh, and adding to the hellish experience, on-site make-up artists converted unsuspecting C2E2 guests into demonic versions of their former selves, complete with horns.
Red Bull’s Peach Treehouse
What better way to launch Red Bull’s new peach flavor than in the Peach State? And in a city with approximately 8,000 streets called Peachtree, what better set-up than a Peach Treehouse?
The XD Agency partnered with Red Bull to design a 10-day product launch, offering up a peach-tinged multi-sensory experience and a sort of love letter to the city of Atlanta. Picture peach-fuzz stools, peaches-and-cream popsicles from King of Pops, custom locally sourced artwork, a rock-climbing wall (and coaching from Red Bull athlete and pro climber Claire Buhrfeind) — and the central attractions: a striking treehouse that emerged from the Beltline and plenty of Red Bull Peach Edition to sample.
Emory’s SEE Learning Online Platform Launch
Social, Emotional and Ethical (SEE) Learning is a K-12 education program developed at Emory University to support students’ and educators’ holistic development. It was shaped by experts in psychology, education, and neuroscience, in partnership with The Dalai Lama, who has long called for universal education of the heart and mind. Emory reached hundreds of educators through face-to-face training, but to meet the demand for the curriculum and facilitate the necessary ongoing, something more was needed.
Emory engaged The XD Agency to help create a custom online platform and design the training to prepare, support and connect educators around the world. Our work included branding, design, content creation and video, and it culminated with the launch of the SEE Learning online platform earlier this year — a major milestone in Emory’s ongoing relationship with The Dalai Lama and a feel-good, inspiring opportunity to put our experience design expertise to use.
And that’s certainly not all!
Check out a few other XD Agency highlights from the start of 2019:
- We marked this year’s graduation at Savannah College of Art and Design with two impossibly cool fashion shows featuring student designs — designs that showed off the graduates’ work and inspired unquestionable confidence in the future of the industry.
- We supported DDB on its Global Leadership Conference, delivering the advertising agency’s most important business messages and it’s new go-to-market strategy to 300 of its top marketers.
- We partnered with Mercedes-Benz on its annual National Parts and Services Meeting in March, followed by its National Dealer Meeting in May, ensuring that key stakeholders received critical brand information in engaging and impactful fashion, so they would be aligned on the company’s strategic objectives for the year.
- We teamed with Fiserv on its signature event, Fiserv Forum, introducing more than 6,000 of the fintech company’s customer to its latest innovations, and along the way, revved up the company’s pipeline, with world-class speakers like Walter Isaacson, engaging breakout sessions, and an interactive experience center.
- We produced Porsche Area East Drives, giving Porsche enthusiasts and prospective conquest buyers the opportunity to get on the track with the high-performance sportscar. We also hit Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance with Porsche, where the luxury automaker engaged more than 21,000 car aficionados.
Want to learn more about how The XD Agency can deliver best-in-class experience design for your brand? Email us at email@example.com or give us a ring at 1-855-XD-AGENCY.